By Danniella Banks
There are many conferences each year that bring together professionals from various industries and organizations, and for many professionals, it is difficult to decide which ones to attend. One no-brainer choice for this year should be the 2014 Diversity Leadership Retreat because all businesses can benefit from learning more about diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
If that is not enough to convince someone to attend, then the list of exceptional speakers should provide evidence that this conference will give attendees invaluable knowledge. The speakers include (in presentation order):
- Isaias Zamarripa, Johnson Controls
- Trudy Bourgeois, The Center for Workforce Excellence
- Carol Sankar, Sankar Enterprises
- Dr. Fiona Citkin, Expert MS Inc.
- Susana Rinderle, Susana Rinderle Consulting LLC
- Leah Smiley, The Society for Diversity
- Dr. Sandra Jowers-Barber, University of the District of Columbia
- Enrique Ruiz, PositivePsyche.Biz Corp.
- Shulunda Gibson, Speech & Voice Care Center
- Ricardo Torres, Permanent Solutions Labor Consultants
- Mary L Martinez, APT Metrics Inc.
- Martin George, Language Training Center
- Jaime Penahererra, Latino Health and Education Consortium
- Effenus Henderson, HenderWorks Consulting
- Malik Ali, Central and North Florida Minority Supplier Development Council
- Diana Bolivar, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando
- Dr. Ken Coopwood, Missouri State University
- James Rodgers, J.O. Rodgers & Associates
- Dr. Shelton Goode, PPL Corp.
- Wokie Nwabueze, Princeton University
- Dionardo Pizana, Michigan State University
- Dr. Paul Henry Hawkins, Working Diversity Inc.
- Dr. Freeman Hrabowski, University of Maryland-Baltimore
- Lisa I Perez, HBL Resources
- Rosalie Chamberlain, Rosalie Chamberlain Consulting & Coaching
- Charlie Parker Jr., University of Missouri-Columbia
- Dwain Celistan, DHR International
- Frank Matthews, Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Juan Gilbert, Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Dr. Shirley Davis Sheppard, The Success Doctor and SHRM
- Dr. Eddie Moore Jr., America & Moore LLC
- Alvin Singh, ARS Media
- Ini Augustine, SocialWise Media Group
- Sharon E. Davis, SeDA Consulting
- Nadine Vogle, Springboard Consulting
These speakers come from various backgrounds and types of organizations, which will help to educate more people on how to use diversity in the workplace to increase revenues and have a productive workforce.
With all of these speakers, it will be difficult to choose which one is the best or most interesting, but to be honest, I am most looking forward to the session entitled, “Overcoming Multi-Generational Workplace Challenges,” with Lisa I Perez, Rosalie Chamberlain and Charlie Parker Jr. This topic is something that has always been interesting to me, so I can’t wait to see what they have to say about it compared to what I have heard and read previously.
With so many wonderful speakers, you don’t want to miss your chance to hear them all speak at one place, the 2014 Diversity Leadership Retreat.